We are writing to keep you informed of the steps we are taking at Pet DeFence in order to continue offering the service your pets need while providing you and our associates a safe environment during this Covid 19 pandemic.
We have increased the frequency and scope of hand cleaning, before and after each service visit in accordance with CDC recommendations. Our technicians will keep their distance from each other and our customers. We will forego handshakes, fist bumps and elbow shakes in favor of a wave gesture from 6+ feet away.
Our technicians will:
- Bring our own leashes to prevent mutually touching any items.
- Send via email a link to your phone for job approval and payment so we will not touch your credit card or leave you with paper receipts.
- Not enter your home, though, like before, we may ask permission to enter your garage if necessary to troubleshoot your fence or adjust the wall-mounted transmitter.
- Keep our distance and respect your space while fixing or installing your dog fence.
- Use hand sanitizer before and after we leave.
- Use gloves that they throw away after each use.
We ask that you practice these simple steps:
- Just like before, call if you need service. Our technicians can fix cuts, test your fence and receiver, and install new fences without interacting with you in person.
- Limit the number of people involved in training–we can teach one family member who can share with others.
- Use UPS or USPS shipping for product issues.
- Please sanitize your receiver/collar before you hand it over to us for testing and again after we return it to you.
- Check our website for self-service support: https://www.petdefence.com/ offers a variety of useful Trouble Shooting tips.
- Text Messaging: Reply to our texts and or emails to add details about your issue.
- Chat: We can FaceTime or Skype chat with you if you like.
- Please ask for phone support first: Most of our conversations can happen over the phone.
- Service 913-345-2533 x 2.
- Sales 913-345-2533 x 1
Important: We ask that clients who have recently traveled to high-infection areas or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, please notify us in advance. We need to protect our associates and our community, so they will not have any personal interaction with anyone in your home, nor will they enter your garage or touch any receivers or collars. They can only fix broken underground wires. We hope you understand.
Additionally, we will continue to operate during this time of Emergency Stay Home Order. We are following the exemption that allows services business to take care of pets and their welfare under the exemption called “Essential Activities” as we believe we fall under “other trade and service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences”.
For the time being both our Overland Park and Olathe service parts stores are out of service. Please purchase your batteries and other service parts from our online store via the “Shop Online” tab on our homepage. Doing so saves all of us from handling the “impossible-to-keep-disinfected” self-service parts box.
Thanks and let’s keep each other safe!
Roger McCoy – President, Pet DeFence